Pages

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Vintage Blackberry

I've always liked the jewelry of earlier centuries, which I guess shouldn't be too much of a surprise given that my formal education focused on the Medieval period.  Oddly, though, I'd never really been interested in making vintage-inspired jewelry until now.

You see, a while back I was in need of beads, and I found some beauties in Serena Thomas's Etsy shop, Taneres. Though I usually don't use this type of bead, these lovely, vintage-looking violet-pink-and-yellow beads...


...really appealed to me, so I bought them (well, of course I did!).  Then a week or so later I found these porcelain earring components by Mari Carmen Rodriguez Martinez:  


It was the proverbial match made in heaven!  The colors of Mari Carmen's beautiful charms worked perfectly with Serena's beads, and their shape provided a lovely frame for some very pretty Swarovski "Blackberry" pearls.


Also featured in the earrings are TierraCast antiqued copper bead caps and Swarovski Crystal Lilac Shadow bicone beads. 

I'm really enjoying exploring new things these days.  I hope you're having a wonderful time with whatever creative path you're on.

I'm heading out of town tomorrow, but I'll be back in a few days.

Love to all...and I'll see you in two weeks. 

xoxo
Meridy






 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathy! I had a whole lot of fun making them! :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. What bold yet gentle colors. Really nice, Meridy, and very much Meridy. Even if it feels different to you, it looks like you to me. :) Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Norbel! I guess they are very much me, because I really do like them and had a wonderful time finding their parts and making them. :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh, I do love these!!! These beads and your creative talent are a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very kindly, Janine! Much appreciated! xoxo

      Delete