Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

Tutorial for Hoop Earrings

Hello, hello, hello!

How have you all been?

It's been awhile and I've been busy making a lot of changes on my website - which is still not reopen for business. There's a lot of changes, and it's going to take a bit longer than I thought.

Since my site is not ready yet, and I don't have new earrings ready to share at this point, I wanted to share one of my very popular video Tutorials that I have on my YouTube Channel - with over 30,000 views, it has helped many make hoops fast and easy to do.

It's a video that I filmed back in 2010. I hope you will enjoy it and try making your own hoops :)



But you don't have to stop there, you can embellish your hoops with 'drops' and also wire wrap some pretty beads all around too :)

Regular Sterling Silver hoops - these are made with 16 gauge wire (for those with larger holes)

You can wire wrap some pretty beads and gemstones around the hoops for a totally different look :)

You can use 14kt Gold Filled wire, or Rose Gold wire to make sparkling gold hoops for the holidays!

I hope that this tutorial will help you make hoops faster.
Everyone works differently. I just find it nice to be able to watch someone make something and learn how they do it...

Thanks for watching and I hope you'll give these a try!

Nathalie Lesage


4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this! You make it look so easy! Is it always necessary to tumble after forming?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should, Heidi. It not only helps to polish up any light marks, but it also 'work-hardens' the metal to make them stiffer and stronger.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your video, it encourages me to give it a try and also make more of my own earwires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial, Miss Nathalie! Your little tips, like filing and making the size right are so awesome! I will have to try my hand at making some hoops soon! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete