Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

We're All Ears :: July Reveal

:: Source ::

The hot July winds are upon us. This picture feels so very fresh and alive to me. I don't often get the chance to go to the ocean, but this is what I feel it must be like... the horizon line meeting the steely sky... the rolling of the waves... the smell of the sea-salt in the air... the breeze ruffling my hair...

I did sail once, on Lake Michigan and it did look very much like this. I remember that steamy August day in 1997 well... because I fell asleep! I don't know if it was the rocking of the boat, or the fact that the next week I discovered that I was pregnant with my first child that did it, but I know that it was a beautiful day on a boat filled with family and friends.

The sails on these vessels were what caught my eye first. The patriotic colors of red-white-blue is classic and fits the Independence Day feeling that we have during July here in the U.S. But more than the colors, I was struck by the shapes. The billowing out of the fabric and the strong geometric lines on the pattern were calling to me.


The triangle shape of these metal components have a stylized puffed out shape and echo the lines of sails. The red glass beads positively glow on the tiny star-tipped head pins with sparkly blue goldstone and some milky white rondelles on top. These are the perfect accessory to swing jauntily in the hot summer breezes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let's see what you created!

Please take the time to hop around to the participants.

Leave kind, encouraging comments.

Visit their shops.

Make new friends!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An InLinkz Link-up

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Get the InLinkz Code for your blog!

10 comments:

  1. Your earrings certainly mirror the racing boat. Well sone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Triangles seem to be popping up a lot I your designs lately and this is another fantastic example. Patriotic and glamorous at the same time and I love the star-tipped headpins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poster certainly inspired us! Love the dimensional shape of the triangle components...perfectly suited for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design Erin! I love the little star head pins! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an elegant pair of earrings! Love the metal triangle component, and its texture!
    Thank you for hosting the challenge. It stimulates my creativity and imagination. I've already used so many beads from my stash which I would never used otherwise :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the design Erin! I think those puffy triangles really remind me of the boats. Great job! I had so much fun this month with my creation. Thank you for hosting us and respiring me to create!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great interpretation of the billowing sails. The star head pins are really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I almost didn't notice the little stars until Cindy Pack mentioned them! Then I had to go back and have another look. There are so many things to notice in these earrings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful earrings! I love the star headpins. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like you, I was struck by the billowing sails and the graphics. I am amazed that we both mentioned Lake Michigan! What are the chances of that? Too cool! I love your earrings with the sweet beads and star headpins. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete