Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Dreaming of Dragonflies

Dreaming of Dragonflies



It's this time of the year I dream of warm days
with the flutter of dragonfly wings passing my ears and rustle of the creek.
Warm days, sun on my face and peaceful afternoons are just around the corner.  




Glimmering lily pads on the water bed,

close those eyes and rest your head.
Dream away of an endless dream
Emma Sawer



"Clouds of insects danced and buzzed in the golden autumn light, and the air was full of the piping of the song-birds. Long, glinting dragonflies shot across the path, or hung tremulous with gauzy wings and gleaming bodies." 

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

I've been playing around with leather.  Embossing, adding dyes and hand painting
for a fresh new look. This hoop style reminded me of lily pads and were just perfect with the copper dragonflies.  As the snow melts here in the hills of Pennsylvania,
 I have visions and dreams of warmer days....

Melinda Orr
Bandana Girl 


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful effect on the leather. I love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to wear those earrings on a warm spring day. They're perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous!! I love these colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those colors!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful creation Melinda, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute...and I thought it was wood initially until I read about the leather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe that is leather! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete