Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

A Little Early Holiday Cheer

I know, I know.  I shouldn't be dreaming of sugarplums or winter wonderlands just yet.  But I can't help it.  Christmas is my happy place and I start feeling a little giddy about the holiday around mid-October.  I have a stash of holiday craft and cook books that suddenly appear on the side table.  Pinning becomes increasingly holiday focused as November rolls around.  A few days into November and I'm already a little feverish with ideas of decorating and gift making for the season.  I do exercise restraint and wait until after Thanksgiving to officially begin any merry making. 

But I have been creating holiday jewelry and one of the my favorite designs this year are these Holiday Cheer Earrings.  I did them in several colors to reflect the season, because there is a lot of sparkle needed between now and the New Year.
 A silvery pair for celebrating the first snow. Or if you live in the north, maybe the second or third snow.

(Snow photo credit: Elena Kovyrizna via Pinterest.)

 A joyful and bright pair for holiday decorating and parties.
(Ornament photo credit: Little Red Polka Dots via Pinterest.)

A winter woodland pair inspiring by the snow and ice covering the trees. These look really great with my favorite accessory of the season - a hot cup of cocoa! 
 
(Pinecone photo credit: unknown via Pinterest.)

And cheery berry colored pair to sport when your whipping up holiday treats!



5 comments:

  1. I really like that style; they are so adorable. They remind me of a cross between confetti and Christmas ornaments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely! I especially like the colorful ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this design! so original.
    I especially love the last pair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these!! They remind me a little of some Confetti earrings I've made, think I need to pull them out for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete