Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Grandma's Attic



Happy First Day of Spring!!

On a trip to a local antique mall, I recently found a little wooden box full to the brim with mother of pearl buttons, big and small.  It was quite a find, as sometimes it's difficult to find the really itty bitty buttons. I imagine some cute little Grandmother who owned these, would get a kick out of the idea of repurposing them in some earrings!

I really love layered pieces, and it was fun to tie some buttons onto these enameled components from Gardanne Beads.  I dangled some bead caps glass headpins below each. The coral and pale green with the creamy colored buttons just reminds me of my own Grandmother who loved spring colors and gardening!



You can find these and other sweet earring selections in my Etsy shop, Lorelei Eurto Jewelry.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I am sure you might have made that cutie little grandmother happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those are so pretty! I love the way you layer things, and use other textures. The colors are so vintage-y and tea-stained as well. These feel just perfect for a tea party complete with doilies and lace! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Makes me wonder What else we can do with MOP buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these Anne Gardanne components and have used them in several colors! Really love the button and additional dangle to them here! What a great look all around! The photography is very eye-catching and original too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your work - very earthy. And your blog is inspirational to me. Blogs from 'across the pond' seem way better than ours in the UK. I think perhaps blogging is a bigger thing over there. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete