Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Moon Glow

These were so much fun to make! I tend to hold onto my sterling silver wire like it's gold (it's almost as expensive as gold these days!) but I decided to go ahead and try out this design using silver. I did something similar in copper a few months ago called Harmony. It's fun hammering and even using liver of sulphur can be exciting...just wish it wasn't so stinky. I added freshwater pearls and luckily remembered to dip some smaller gauge wire and ear wires in the smelly solution while I had it mixed.

Pic from favim.com


You can find these earrings on my website HERE

Thanks!

Kristy Abner

Kristy's Kreations


5 comments:

  1. Oh that is pretty! I know that I have a box tucked away someplace with sterling wire from way back. I really should get it out and just use it already! You have inspired me ;-) Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love LOVE how you wrapped these! How you created the hanging loop. And the freeform horizontal bar gives it a subtle asian feel. wonderful! Very much like a twig wreath, I love those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh silver and pearls - two of my all time favorites!! These are super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these rustic treasures! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete