Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Birch Bark Hoops

Metal hand-forged to look like birch bark is paired up with handcrafted beads in a papery birch design.  The sterling silver hoops offer a fun design element to these earrings.

I'd like to go by climbing a birch tree,
And climb black branches 
up a snow-white trunk
Toward heaven, 
till the tree could bear no more,
But dipped its top 
and set me down again.

That would be good 
both going and coming back.

One could do worse than 
be a swinger of birches.

- Robert Frost, Birch Trees

4 comments:

  1. I love the dark metal. Such a great shape! My daughter commented the other day when I wore a pair of {gasp!} purchased hoops that she had never seen me in that style. I must remedy this. Your beads are the perfect accompaniment! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. outstanding design!! I love the beads with the metal. Great and triumphant!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful! I love the way nature has been replicated so successfully into the metal.

    I've included a link to them on my blog post - http://silvermoss.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-jewelled-web-january-2013.html

    Hope that's okay :)

    ReplyDelete