Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

VooDoo Daddy


Whimsical skull charms and ceramic hoops stir up a feeling of Louisiana VooDoo. African captives and their knowledge of herbs, poisons, and the ritual creation of charms and amulets, intended to protect oneself or harm others, became key elements of Louisiana Voodoo.  The deep orange glaze on these ceramic hoops is dramatic and the two different skull faces  are perfect in every way. Simple deerskin leather lace is knotted and lend to the rustic feeling of these one of a kind earrings.

I've always been intrigued by the mysteries of voodoo and the stories behind these Voodoo queens. But I do home that watching this stuff on tv is the closest I ever get to experiencing the magic of Louisiana voodoo.

These earrings are not hexed, I promise you. They are available for sale here, at Etsy!



3 comments:

  1. Working full time on this is doing wonders for you I can tell! These are fantastic! I love how simple and yet unsimple they are! Great colours and super fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever watched the movie 'the skeleton key' Lorelei? A really good movie about voodoo magic starring kate hudson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funky! I love the pop of that orange. Enjoy teh day. Erin

    ReplyDelete