Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Crazy long colorful earrings!



I posted a free-form wire fibula tutorial over at Art Jewelry Elements this past Saturday...you should really check out AJE if you don't go there regularly...lots of cool stuff in the works, but I digress!  Playing with the wire got me thinking about some other fun things to make with free-form shapes, and I came up with these earrings.

The wire components were all ready to go, and I knew I wanted to incorporate these juicy red-orange Czech glass slices I got from ArteBella Surplus, but really wanted to do the unexpected.  After perusing my lampwork box of goodies, I spied a couple of borosilicate beauties I acquired from my fellow Frederick artist, Julie Delaney.  A very cool, sea green with hints of rusty brown!



Okay...I couldn't think of a name for these...maybe you can suggest one in the comments!

Find these and more at my shop on Etsy...Melismatic Art Jewelry! 

7 comments:

  1. These look like Shooting Stars to me. The long tails and the little bit of flame at the end. I love them! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at your perfectly symetrical wire work! These are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These earring would make a good tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly charming! Fun for holidays and any other time of year. I love the red Czech glass with those lampwork beads.

    ReplyDelete