Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Autumn Splendor

I created these leaf beads after finding some leaves that were slightly translucent - they kind of had a glow and I wanted to capture that using transparent clay.  The light makes the earrings glow as it passes through the mulberry stained color.  Tiny flower bead caps hold Czech glass and crystals.  The top of the wire is
shaped like a leaf.

You can find the earrings in my Etsy shop.

I happen to be sporting this outfit today. Minus the $300 shoes, I'm just not there yet in my fashion journey, but oh how I would love to find a knock off with the silver tips.  Snazzy! 
Mulberry Autumn

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful earrings, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Heather...such beauties! I didn't know there was transparent polymer clay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh la la! I love the new leaf. That is a color and shape that speaks to me. And you could knock off those shoes... just paint the tips with bright shiny spray paint! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful earrings. The leafs are gorgeous!!!!!!!!! More-ish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made some transparent clay pieces on accident! I thought I grabbed white! I hope mine turn out as nice as yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these new translucent creations! They have a soft glow. Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rich color of the leaves, a smashing pair of earring to go with a great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love your beautiful leaf beads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to get my leaves! These look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete