Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Gentle Winter


Snow on Sagebrush
The colors in these earrings make me think of snow on sagebrush--a high desert winter. A gentler kind of winter. A Cathy Lee Crosby-riding-a-horse-in-a-Velamints-commercial kind of winter. The celadon-hued ceramic gear links are by Karen Totten--I love the matte finish, with hints of light blue and amber at the edges, and the gingerbread-brown stoneware-feel interior. They do indeed make me think of the desert. And Cathy Lee Crosby. The sandstone-colored lampwork spacers are from The Spacer Shop. It had to be sterling silver with my winter theme--so I took my torch to some sterling wire and made headpins and earwires, and capped the lampwork with little Hill Tribes beadcaps.

For more information on these earrings, click HERE. You can see more of my work in my Etsy shop, HERE, or visit my blog, The Cerebral Dilettante, for a peek behind the scenes.

High Desert Eden

3 comments:

  1. I love these, the soft sage with the winter white is a stunning combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really love these earrings! Love your description of them as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic and frosty! I can see myself wearing these on a sleigh ride :) Great pieces!

    ReplyDelete